How To Mount Skirting Boards
Pur 7 Plus is a professional gun foam with low post-expansion. The fast filling out of hollow spaces ensures a solid substrate on which skirting boards can be bonded with TEC 7.
Step 1: Preparation
- Remove loose particles and dust with brush and/or vacuum cleaner.
- Moisten the substrate slightly with the plant sprayer. This will give you a better adhesion. It also shortens the curing time.
Step Two: Sealing
- Shake the can very carefully.
- Fit the can of PUR 7 Plus onto the gun. See the manual for this.
- Fill the hollow spaces not quite completely with PUR 7 Plus. Thanks to the low post-expansion you can dose very precisely.
- You can remove uncured PUR foam with TEC 7 Cleaner.
- After around 60 minutes the foam is cured.
Step 3: Finishing
- Trim the PUR foam properly with a sharp knife.
- Degrease the back of the skirting boards with FOAM 7.
- Apply a generous quantity of TEC 7 to the back of the skirting board and mount it.
- You can remove excess TEC 7 with Tec 7 Cleaner.